SRI KRISHNA JANMASHTAMI
August 21/22 & August 30, 2021
Sri Krishna Janmashtami – the celebration of the transcendental birthday of Lord Krishna – is fast approaching, and we invite you to come celebrate with us at New Vrindaban.
Now more than ever, amid the global pandemic and riots, we need to invoke the blessings of Lord Krishna. When Krishna appeared in this world over 5,000 years ago, He eliminated the evil influences on the planet, and He promises to do the same for anyone who celebrates His divine appearance.
As stated in the Hari-bhakti-vilasa (Texts 283-284, 289-292)
“By observing Sri Krishna Janmashtami one becomes free from the sinful reactions committed in seven lives. One gets good children, good health, and great wealth.... One will not have to fear enemies and will get sufficient rainfall and never have to suffer from drought. One will not have to fear natural calamities, hellish conditions, snakes, disease, or the attacks of rogues and thieves...”
So, let us come together to satisfy Lord Krishna on His birthday and spread auspiciousness throughout the world in these dire times!
August 21/22, Saturday and Sunday will be packed with Janmashtami festivities including Kalash Abhishek, fun children’s activities, yoga, worship of the cows, a Swan Boat festival, and a sumptuous feast for all.
Please take advantage of the many wonderful opportunities to serve Sri Krishna on His birthday!
Monday, August 30 is the actual appearance anniversary of the Lord. This most auspicious day gives you the opportunity to:
• Enjoy enacted pastimes of Lord Krishna around the lake (the Janmashtami Journey)
• Benefit from chanting Krishna’s holy names
• Relish a sumptuous evening dinner
• Witness a special midnight arati
• Be enamored by Sri Sri Radha Vrindaban Chandra in their splendid new outfit
• Join in the Maha-yajna (fire-sacrifice ceremony) to invoke Lord Krishna’s sublime blessings
• Participate in a Kalash Abhishek - bathing the deities with sacred liquids
Bathe Sri Sri Radha Vrindaban Chandra, the presiding deities of New Vrindaban, from a gold plated Kalash (bathing pot), and be blessed with a host of special benefits, described below:
UPCOMING FESTIVALS & EVENTS
- Sun, Jul 25Prabhupada's Palace of Gold
- Sun, Aug 08Prabhupada's Palace of Gold
- Sun, Aug 15Prabhupada's Palace of Gold
- Sun, Aug 22Prabhupada's Palace of Gold
- Sun, Aug 29Prabhupada's Palace of Gold