FESTIVALS & EVENTS
Every word is a song, every step~ a dance, every day~ a festival
Festivals are an integral part of ISKCON. With myriad of colourful decorations, multi-course feasts, elaborate rituals, kirtans, dance and dramas, the festivals make spiritual progress a fun-filled experience. The original Vedic flavor is thus revived, and anyone who participates in them can vouch that there is no modern day substitute for these soul-satisfying experiences.
The Vaishnava festivals dates are determined by using the lunar calendar. Therefore, dates will vary from year to year when compared to the Western, or solar calendar.
- Sat, Jun 19ISKCON New VrindabanJun 19, 12:00 PM – Jun 20, 12:00 PMISKCON New Vrindaban, ISKCON New Vrindaban, McCreary's Ridge Road, Moundsville, WV, USAImagine a festival that goes on for 24 hours nonstop—it is usually so blissful that many pilgrims and guests wish to stay the entire time. Usually held twice a year, this nonstop 24-hour kirtan, the chanting of Krishna’s holy names, invokes world peace, auspiciousness, and sublime joy in our lives.
- Sun, Jun 27Prabhupada's Palace of Gold
- Sat, Jul 03ISKCON New VrindabanJul 03, 7:00 PMISKCON New Vrindaban, ISKCON New Vrindaban, McCreary's Ridge Road, Moundsville, WV, USAIn preparation of our annual Ratha-yatra Festival (Festival of India) in July, Lord Jagannatha, the Lord of the Universe, is given a bath (snana) with ambrosial waters and milk ingredients and worshiped in great splendor.
- Sun, Jul 04Prabhupada's Palace of Gold
- Sun, Jul 11Prabhupada's Palace of Gold
- Sat, Jul 17ISKCON New VrindabanJul 17, 10:00 AMISKCON New Vrindaban, ISKCON New Vrindaban, McCreary's Ridge Road, Moundsville, WV, USAHundreds of smiling faces greet Lord Jagannatha, the Lord of the Universe, as He and His brother and sister, Balarama and Subhadra, ride upon a colorful chariot down the streets of Wheeling every year.
- Sun, Jul 18Prabhupada's Palace of Gold
- Sun, Jul 25Prabhupada's Palace of Gold