Gaura Purnima 2021
The divine appearance day of Lord Chaitanya is coming. This day marks the first day of the New Year for Gaudiya Vaishnavas. What better way to celebrate the occasion than by welcoming Lord Chaitanya into your homes in the form of His authorized biography, Sri Chaitanya-charitamrita?
Lord Chaitanya is the most compassionate, most benevolent form of Lord Krishna who came to teach the process of devotional service to Radha and Krishna by chanting Their holy names. By His association, even the most wretched sinner can attain the highest perfection of pure love of God. We can get His association right here and now simply by reading Sri Chaitanya-charitamrita. Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakur said that if all the literature in the world was destroyed and only the Sri Chaitanya-charitamrita remained, there would be no loss. Understanding the paramount importance of this book, Srila Prabhupada paused his translation of the Srimad Bhagavatam to complete it.
This monumental book, originally written in Bengali by Srila Krsnadas Kaviraja Goswami, chronicles the complete life of Lord Chaitanya, describing His position, His qualities, His pastimes, and His ecstasies. It contains Lord Chaitanya’s sublime teachings on the science of devotional service, and it gives intimate details about the opulences and sweetness of Lord Krishna.
For a special festival price of only $108, you can purchase the complete 9-volume set, and our priests can come to your home and install it. These books will act just like a deity, creating auspiciousness in your home and blessing your family by its very presence. What to speak of reading it! We can also offer supported reading to help answer any questions you have and to make sure you get the maximum benefit from this sacred addition to your home.
Get your set now!
Alternately, spread the joy and blessings by sponsoring one (or more) today!
Schedule of the festival
5:00am Mangala Arati
5:45am Japa • Maha-mantra Meditation
6:00am Mangala Arati at Prabhupada’s Palace of Gold
6:15 am Yoga • Yoga Shala
7:00am Milking the Cows
7:30am Guru Puja to Srila Prabhupada
8:00am Darshan Arati • Greeting the Deities in Their new outfit
8:15am Katha: The glories of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu
11:30am Children’s Camp
12:30pm Midday Arati
1:30pm (Simple lunch prasadam for those not fasting)
3:00pm Reading from the Caitanya Caritamrta
5:00pm Maha Abhisheka
6:00pm Katha: Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu
6:00pm Milking the Cows
7:00pm Maha Gaura Arati
7:45pm Prasadam Feast (Ekadasi)
UPCOMING FESTIVALS & EVENTS
- Sat, Jun 19ISKCON New VrindabanJun 19, 12:00 PM – Jun 20, 12:00 PMISKCON New Vrindaban, ISKCON New Vrindaban, McCreary's Ridge Road, Moundsville, WV, USAImagine a festival that goes on for 24 hours nonstop—it is usually so blissful that many pilgrims and guests wish to stay the entire time. Usually held twice a year, this nonstop 24-hour kirtan, the chanting of Krishna’s holy names, invokes world peace, auspiciousness, and sublime joy in our lives.
- Sun, Jun 27Prabhupada's Palace of Gold
- Sat, Jul 03ISKCON New VrindabanJul 03, 7:00 PMISKCON New Vrindaban, ISKCON New Vrindaban, McCreary's Ridge Road, Moundsville, WV, USAIn preparation of our annual Ratha-yatra Festival (Festival of India) in July, Lord Jagannatha, the Lord of the Universe, is given a bath (snana) with ambrosial waters and milk ingredients and worshiped in great splendor.
- Sun, Jul 04Prabhupada's Palace of Gold
- Sun, Jul 11Prabhupada's Palace of Gold
- Sat, Jul 17ISKCON New VrindabanJul 17, 10:00 AMISKCON New Vrindaban, ISKCON New Vrindaban, McCreary's Ridge Road, Moundsville, WV, USAHundreds of smiling faces greet Lord Jagannatha, the Lord of the Universe, as He and His brother and sister, Balarama and Subhadra, ride upon a colorful chariot down the streets of Wheeling every year.
- Sun, Jul 18Prabhupada's Palace of Gold
- Sun, Jul 25Prabhupada's Palace of Gold