Appearance Anniversary of Lord Nrsimhadeva
May 25, 2020
Lord Nrsimhadeva (Nara meaning “man,” simha meaning “lion,” and deva meaning “god”) assumed the form of a half-man half-lion to protect His devotee Prahlada Maharaja. Prahlada’s father was an evil king who wreaked havoc in the world and was inimical to God and His devotees. Prahlada, however, was a devoted believer of God, which enraged his father to the point of his trying to kill his own son. Lord Nrsimha appeared from a pillar to protect Prahlada from the wrath of his father. The Lord was so pleased with Prahlada’s devotion and faith that He manifested in this unusual form to reciprocate with his love. On Nrsimha Chaturdasi we seek the blessings and divine protection of this unique incarnation of God.
Schedule of the festival
5:00am Mangala Arati
5:45am Japa • Maha-mantra Meditation
7:30am Guru Puja to Srila Prabhupada
8:00am Darshan Arati • Greeting the Deities
8:15am Srimad Bhagavatam Class
10am Lord Nrsimhadeva Sudarshan Chakra Suraksha Yajna with community Nrsimha-kavacha recitation
4pm Bhajans and Kirtan
5:00pm Lord Nrsimhadeva Abhishek
6:00pm A dramatic narration (and some surprises) of the Nrsimhadeva Lila
7:00pm Gaura Arati
7:25pm Lord Nrsimhadeva Maha-Arati and Ugra-Nrsimha Darshan
8:15pm Special Feast
UPCOMING FESTIVALS & EVENTS
- Sat, Jun 19ISKCON New VrindabanJun 19, 12:00 PM – Jun 20, 12:00 PMISKCON New Vrindaban, ISKCON New Vrindaban, McCreary's Ridge Road, Moundsville, WV, USAImagine a festival that goes on for 24 hours nonstop—it is usually so blissful that many pilgrims and guests wish to stay the entire time. Usually held twice a year, this nonstop 24-hour kirtan, the chanting of Krishna’s holy names, invokes world peace, auspiciousness, and sublime joy in our lives.
- Sun, Jun 27Prabhupada's Palace of Gold
- Sat, Jul 03ISKCON New VrindabanJul 03, 7:00 PMISKCON New Vrindaban, ISKCON New Vrindaban, McCreary's Ridge Road, Moundsville, WV, USAIn preparation of our annual Ratha-yatra Festival (Festival of India) in July, Lord Jagannatha, the Lord of the Universe, is given a bath (snana) with ambrosial waters and milk ingredients and worshiped in great splendor.
- Sun, Jul 04Prabhupada's Palace of Gold
- Sun, Jul 11Prabhupada's Palace of Gold
- Sat, Jul 17ISKCON New VrindabanJul 17, 10:00 AMISKCON New Vrindaban, ISKCON New Vrindaban, McCreary's Ridge Road, Moundsville, WV, USAHundreds of smiling faces greet Lord Jagannatha, the Lord of the Universe, as He and His brother and sister, Balarama and Subhadra, ride upon a colorful chariot down the streets of Wheeling every year.
- Sun, Jul 18Prabhupada's Palace of Gold
- Sun, Jul 25Prabhupada's Palace of Gold