New Vrindaban was ISKCON’s first farm community. Srila Prabhupada gave a wealth of instructions regarding how New Vrindaban should be developed. In many letters written by Srila Prabhupada in the late 1960’s to some of his disciples in New Vrindaban, Srila Prabhupada emphasized the development of five specific aspects that he wanted to see in the community. These letters were recently compiled and summarized.
Srila Prabhupada’s vision included the establishment of (not in this order)
- cow protection
- a holy place of pilgrimage
- spiritual education
- all of the above should be executed while at the same time always focusing on loving Krishna.
Every department in New Vrindaban today focuses on one or more of these five aspects. If you have a particular interest in any one or more of these five topics of Srila Prabhupada’s vision for the community, and would like to find out what service you can render or offer in that regard, please contact:
Jaya Krsna das, Community President at firstname.lastname@example.org
ISKCON New Vrindaban has the following open service positions:
Mission: Create within the temple a friendly and cooperative mood amongst the devotees, New Vrindaban residents, neighbours, congregation and ISKCON worldwide.
Job Title: Communications Liaison
Authority: Temple President
Requirements and Skills:
- Highly collaborative style; experience developing and implementing Communications strategies.
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills.
- Relationship builder.
- Sincere commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups.
- Self-starter, able to work independently, and entrepreneurial; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives.
- Extensive experience with internet and social media.
- Ability to deal wisely with challenges, time sensitive matters and people.
- Organizational and administrative skills.
- Friendly, cheerful attitude.
- Have a professional demeanor at all times.
- Steady, reliable, responsible, exemplary character.
- Visible sadhana, chanting a minimum of sixteen rounds and upholding the four regulative principles.
- Define and execute a communications strategy for ISKCON New Vrindaban and the Palace of Gold.
- Assure optimal communications through different channels like websites, newsletters, social media to the defined target groups.
- Write or edit articles for the newsletter, different websites, Dandavats, ISKCON News, local and Indian newspapers and magazines.
- Inspire media on articles and coverage on NV.
- Inspire and produce leaflets, brochures, rack cards and videos for NV and the Palace of Gold.
- Regularly improve the different websites of New Vrindaban and assure their optimal appearance in search engines.
Govindas restaurant employment opportunities
April to September 2018
The dishwasher washes pots and utensils, plates and cutlery and cleans the kitchen
Perform basic duties such as peeling, cutting and portioning raw ingredients, or making simple preparations, cleaning of working area and kitchen, from May 2018 onwards
Responsible for providing quick and efficient service to visitors. Greets visitors, takes their prasadam and beverage orders, enters orders into SQUARE, and prepares and serves hot and cold drinks. Assembles prasadam and beverage orders, checks them for completeness and accuracy, and packages orders for on-premise or takeout. Collects payments from guests and makes the change. Maintains cleanliness of counters and floors. Weekends and festivals engagement.
INV is looking for a Receptionist to manage our front desk at the Welcome Center and to perform a variety of administrative and customer service tasks.
As a Receptionist, you will be the first point of contact for INV. You will welcome guests and greet people who visit INV Community. You will also coordinate front-desk activities, including distributing correspondence and redirecting phone calls.
You should have a pleasant personality, as this is also a customer service role. You should also be able to deal with emergencies in a timely and effective manner, while streamlining office operations. Multitasking and stress management skills are essential for this position. This role may require working in shifts, so flexibility is a plus.
Ultimately, a Receptionist’s duties and responsibilities are to ensure the front desk welcomes guests positively, and executes all administrative tasks to the highest quality standards.
- Greet and welcome guests as soon as they arrive at the office
- Direct visitors to the appropriate person and office
- Answer, screen and forward incoming phone calls
- Ensure reception area is tidy and presentable, with all necessary stationery and material (e.g. forms and brochures)
- Provide basic and accurate information in-person and via phone/email
- Receive, sort and distribute daily mail/deliveries
- Maintain office security by following safety procedures and controlling access via the reception desk
- Order front office supplies and keep inventory of stock
Currently 20-30 hours per week, may increase during summer season.
Please send your Service Application before March 23rd to: email@example.com
For interested applicants: please send your Application Form (also attached) and Resume to: Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org.