New Vrindaban was ISKCON’s first farm community. Srila Prabhupada gave a wealth of instructions regarding how New Vrindaban should be developed. In many letters written by Srila Prabhupada in the late 1960’s to some of his disciples in New Vrindaban, Srila Prabhupada emphasized the development of five specific aspects that he wanted to see in the community. These letters were recently compiled and summarized.
Srila Prabhupada’s vision included the establishment of (not in this order)
- cow protection
- a holy place of pilgrimage
- spiritual education
- all of the above should be executed while at the same time always focusing on loving Krishna.
Every department in New Vrindaban today focuses on one or more of these five aspects. If you have a particular interest in any one or more of these five topics of Srila Prabhupada’s vision for the community, and would like to find out what service you can render or offer in that regard, please contact:
Jaya Krsna das, Community President at firstname.lastname@example.org
ISKCON New Vrindaban has the following open service positions:
Department: Maintenance and Construction
Mission: To properly take care of the facilities of New Vrindaban in order to protect their value and to render pleasing service to the residents, pilgrims and visitors.
Job Title: Department Head Maintenance and Construction
Authority: Temple President
ISKCON New Vrindaban is looking for a reliable Construction and Maintenance Manager to plan projects and oversee their progress along the way in a timely and cost-effective manner as well as oversee all installation, repair and upkeep operations of the facilities. You will be responsible for budgeting, organization, implementation and scheduling of the projects. You will be the one to ensure that your colleagues have the best physical resources available to complete their duties according to budget.
A great manager will have a solid understanding of plumbing and electrical systems as well as carpentry and other crafts. They will be well-versed in all maintenance process and health and safety regulations. The ideal candidate will also have aptitude in undertaking administrative tasks such as reporting, budgeting etc.
The goal is to ensure that ISKCON New Vrindaban’s facilities are well-cared for and adequate to support both community members and pilgrims alike on their spiritual journey.
- Plan, initiate, budget, oversee and direct all construction and maintenance projects from conception to completion including, repair and installation activities
- Carry out inspections to identify, determine the maintenance need, and resolve issues of all facilities on ISKCON New Vrindaban property,
- Prioritize the needs, propose maintenance on a three months basis
- Review each project in-depth and estimate costs and keep work within budget
- Oversee all onsite and offsite constructions to monitor compliance with building and safety regulations
- Coordinate, recruit and direct all maintenance / construction workers and subcontractors
- Plan ahead to prevent problems and resolve any emerging ones
- Select tools, materials and equipment and track inventory
- Review the work progress on daily basis and keep a record of all the day-to-day maintenance and service activities undertaken in a facility
- Ensure quality construction standards and the use of proper construction techniques
- Develop maintenance procedures and ensure implementation
- Synchronize work processes with other departments
- Always consider green construction to create more healthier and energy efficient facilities
- Actively participate in maintenance / construction work a few days a week
- Proven working experience in construction management and planning maintenance operations
- Has working knowledge of the principles and procedures of construction and property maintenance as well as a basic understanding of required budgeting functions
- Solid understanding of technical aspects of plumbing, carpentry, electrical systems etc.
- Expert knowledge of building products, construction details and relevant rules, regulations and quality standards
- Understanding of all facets of the construction and maintenance process
- Ability to plan and see the “big picture”
- Competent in conflict and crisis management
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Ability to keep track of and report on activity
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities
- High school diploma or equivalent; Degree from a vocational school or BSc/BA in business administration or facility management will be an advantage
- Enjoys teamwork and is enthusiastic about inspiring devotees in their services
For interested applicants: please send your Application Form (also attached) and Resume to: Human Resources, email@example.com.