FESTIVAL OF RAM NAVAMI
celebrating the appearance of Sri Ramachandra
date – sunday mar 25
time – 10am
location – new vrindaban temple room
On Sunday, March 25 New Vrindaban will observe a traditional holiday, celebrating the divine appearance of Sri Ramachandra, the much loved incarnation of Krishna. It is a popular occasion, as Lord Rama is very dear to many devotees. During His activities while on Earth, Lord Rama demonstrated high moral values and acted as the perfect son, student, brother, husband and King. His extraordinary adventure is marvelously depicted in the famous epic The Ramayana.
The morning will feature a talk and include a line-up of wonderful kirtan leaders, a drama, a beautiful traditional ceremonial bathing (abhishek) of the form of Sri Ramachandra and an amazing vegetarian feast served to all guests.
Why is this day so important to us?
Rama Navami is the most auspicious appearance day of the divine ruler incarnation of Krishna called Lord Rama and is magnificently celebrated all over the universe.
Why is Lord Rama so significant?
- Lord Rama resides in Ayodha in the spiritual world and in the hearts of His devotees like His best servant, Hanuman.
- The Lord personally comes to purify people in this material world and take them back to the spiritual world.
- By His super-excellent pastimes He gives us the nectar of pure bhakti – love for the Supreme Lord.
- Lord Rama is known as the ideal leader and example for all of mankind.
Do not miss out on these service opportunities:
- $2,001 Annadana
- $1,500 Adopt a Cow for One Year
- $1,001 Pushpa Seva
- $501 Maha Raja-bhoga
- $351 Abhisheka, Yajna, and Go-puja
- $108 Go-puja and Feeding the Herd
All donations $351 and higher receive this Deity, a Harinama Chaddar as well as Mahaprasadam.
office: (304) 830-4703
mobile: (304) 312-6539