New Vrindaban was ISKCON's first farm community. Srila Prabhupada gave a wealth of instructions regarding how New Vrindaban should be developed. In many letters written by Srila Prabhupada in the late 1960’s to some of his disciples in New Vrindaban, Srila Prabhupada emphasized the development of five specific aspects that he wanted to see in the community. These letters were recently compiled and summarized.
Srila Prabhupada’s vision included the establishment of (not in this order)
- cow protection
- a holy place of pilgrimage
- spiritual education
- all of the above should be executed while at the same time always focusing on loving Krishna.
Every deptartment in New Vrindaban today focuses on one or more of these five aspects. If you have a particular interest in any one or more of these five topics of Srila Prabhupada’s vision for the community, and would like to find out what service you can render or offer in that regard, please contact:
Jaya Krsna das, Community President at firstname.lastname@example.org
ISKCON New Vrindaban has the following open service positions for the season 2016:
- Tour guide Palace of Gold and Community Tour
- Gardener and/or helpers at the Palace of Gold
- Receptionist at the Welcome Center
- Restaurant front desk service
- Cleaners for restaurant and lodge
- Communications service
- Seamstress for deity dresses